An anatomy lesson with an immediate application, if you want to look for it, around earlier / deeper barriers.
We look briefly at the 3 primary embryological layers and their respective tissues and functions, some of the anatomical layering of the body, and from there how we can work with that information, especially for those wanting to know their bodies in a deeper way.
I mean that both energetically, but also just in a straight up anatomical sense.
- layers of all-pervasive anatomical tissue
- layers of the "energetic body" (present in different traditions in different ways)
- a brief tour of embryological development, how those processes express in the adult body, and correlations to ayurveda's map of the doshas
- what "fluid alignment" or "electrical alignment" might look like
- plus some updates of what's up and coming with Embodied Anatomy
CORRECTION: at 8:30 I mention the 3 layers covering the brain and spinal cord — dura mater, meninges and pia mater. I misspoke and said they are collectively called the dura. They are collectively called the meninges. (And only the dura mater is called the dura for short.)
Other Show Notes: The podcast Radiolab, search "The Primitive Streak"