I love a good question. I also appreciate the attentive space it evokes in me to come up with an answer.
And so with that, hopefully this is a win-win as I present to you five listener-powered inquiries, ranging across a decent spread of body-related topics, and my corresponding responses:
- I practice massage and am “absorbing” other people’s pain. What do I do about this?
- What is embodiment? What is the biggest obstacle to being more embodied in the world?
- I’ve oscillated between self-obsession and self-loathing, and am slowly finding a middle ground. What’s a good way to facilitate this?
- What’s the best way to walk: feet pointing forward or let them find their own way?
- People involved in somatics, dance, yoga — all these people with incredible physical intelligence — are not actively engaged politically. With so much injustice in the world, how do we find ways to actively create meaningful change?
Cheers, love, Liam