By popular demand, and my own great interest, Tom Myers returns to The Body Awake for a second interview.
In this second round — see episode 5 for the first — we cover:
- the nature of fascia as the body's very under-mapped "biomechanical autoregulatory system"
- how "you" could be seen as a vessel for your digestive system to get around (at 36 min)
- do we know what "trauma is stored in the body" means? what is memory? (at 39 min)
- Tom's story of his own birth, and experiencing liberation from a traumatic event many, many years later (50 min)
- a look into Tom's 1-on-1 work as a bodywork practitioner (this was of particular interest to me)
- even a PG-13 Robin William's joke you can tell at your next cocktail party (at 35 min, 20 sec)